Blu-tak Ear Shields
If you have trouble with ear canal infections or a long term skin condition in your ear canal you may need to use BluTak ear shields.
- use a “COIN” of Blu-tak to seal the opening of the ear canal.
- do not make the blu-tak into a sausage shape – it can stick inside.
Healthy Ears like to be DRY!
- soapy shower/bath water is not good in ears – it can lead to infections
- avoid a direct flow of shower water squirting into your ears.
If ears get wet, use air to dry
- flapping – cardboard or hand
Do not put anything into the ear canal
Fingers, towels, flannels, tissues, cotton buds; these only push wax/debris backwards – this can lead to blockage and/or infection.